Friday, November 8, 2013

Trying My Fitness Pal

I really love Weight Watchers but with no income that is just an unrealistic dream. So awhile back my friends told me about My Fitness Pal so I tried it this week. It is free and works a lot like Weight Watchers but works with calories and not points. So far I have found it easy to use.

*Before I got pregnant I had lost from 375 pounds down to 330. (less than when I got married)
*The day I had Anna I weighed 352.
*At my 6 week check up I was back down to 330. I was so excited!
*Last week I was back up to 350 :( "Really I worked really hard to loose that baby weight only to gain it back, ugh!"
*This week when I started My Fitness Pal I was at 345. (in the morning, because if I weigh at night it is always more)

I have so much to live for and I know the changes I need to make. I have failed many times at loosing weight. So you would think I would be a pro now? NOT, it is H*A*R*D every single day sometimes every minute. Even this week when the calorie counter was down to a big fat 0 I was thinking I was still hungry.

The main lesson I have learned this week and that is new to me, is...I WILL BE HUNGRY! Being hungry for me is not something I feel in my tummy like most people. I feel it in my mind. Really, I promise I can be full and see a commercial on TV for something, anything it can be peanut butter and  my mind is like ooohhh that sounds good go get some. So I am going to be hungry on my journey. Not hungry as in my body needs something to live and be strong and healthy but hungry as in what my mind thinks it needs. Working on it...


1 comment:

  1. Jeannie, You can do this. Yes a good portion of our hunger is in our head or tied to our emotions. I normally do really good but I was having a stressful day at work and before 2 o'clock I had ate all but 400 of my calories. I felt like I was starving. This too is something I struggle with. When I get hungry I keep a cold glass of ice water around to help with the quench and get my mind on something else. I also stay busy with my kids when I feel like I am hungry. Losing weight IS a HARD journey because it is not just about food but the things we tie to the food as comfort. I know that you can make this journey. Can't wait to see your progress over time.

    ReplyDelete