Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Choices, thank you QT!

I am so thankful for QT it was a few minutes before my 8pm meeting at church and I was really wanting some crumb doughnuts. So I stop at QT, pick up the doughnuts, and calculated the points. At this point in the day I was down to 9 available points. The doughnuts 12 points! So then I pick up the powered doughnuts 11 points, then I moved on to the Twinkies 10 points. At this a few people were just looking at me. Picking an item up typing something on my phone saying out loud, "really 10 points, that is so stupid"! and slamming it back on the shelf. I decided to walk around and see if anything else might be able to satisfy my craving for carbs. I got a caffeine free diet coke and found a fruit cup and a cheese stick! Cheese 3 points and sweet fruit and soda free!!! Score I made it out of the store without those high point carbs! I did it.

The church meeting was amazing one of the best we have had in weeks. I am able to look back at my past and see the harmful things I was doing to myself. In the past I would have eaten 3 meals a day and went to QT and would have eaten both packs of doughnuts, the Twinkies, and a cheese danish and would have never looked back. I remember sitting at home and eating everything in my bag, then tossing the wrappers in the trash, and would dispose of the evidence. I don't even know who I was hiding it from most of the time my husband was with me with his own bag. I would hide it from myself so I would not feel guilty about what I had done but really was not sure as to how to stop.

Now I am learning! It is so hard but everyday I pray for the strength I need and do my best to succeed in this journey. If you read this please pray for me if you are able. I know prayer works. Thanks

2 comments:

  1. Good for you, Jeannie! I have been making the effort to sit down as a family and eat. Today I dished up everyone's plates. and left the main dish on the stove, but put the veggies on the table so I could serve myself seconds of that instead of the carbs in the main dish. I actually didn't plan it that way, but I realized that it worked for me, so I now plan to continue doing that! :) -April

    ReplyDelete
  2. Inspiring post, as always! Praying for you! You are doing so well!!!

    ReplyDelete