Sunday, March 4, 2012

A not so fun weekend:(

So this weekend was so bad. Both me and my husband have been sick. We hardly even left the house. It was a good thing I had our monthly menu planned ahead of time and knew what to buy at the store Friday night. We had everything we needed except for some soup I wanted Saturday. My sweet husband ventured out to buy me some chicken soup! This weekend included lots of TV, sleep, and extra fluids. I must say it is very hard for me when I am sick not to just eat everything in sight. You know that "If I eat.......(cake, cookies, pie, pizza, etc) it will surely make me feel better?" So I am very thankful for the following story our Weight Watchers leader shared 2 weeks ago.

She had just started attending meetings about 4 months prior. Her group leader was awesome, funny and very understanding. One day the leaders husband died suddenly at age 48 of a heart attack. So weeks went by and everyone wondered if the leader would even return, they missed and loved her so much. The substitutes tried hard but it was just not the same. About two months or so passed and she returned. The leader took a few minutes and thanked everyone for the cards, flowers, prayers and love from them. Then she said she had something important to share. People in her life knew she was a Weight Watchers leader, but that did not stop all the food from pouring in, cake, cookies, homemade brownies etc... she said her dinning room table was covered. She said every time she went into that room it was so hard for her not to just give in and eat. But she had a thought, prompting of sorts "will eating any of this food bring my husband back, will it change the fact I am alone, will eating change anything? NO it will not and she was able to walk away!" Food will never FIX anything except hunger.

I will never forget this!


1 comment:

  1. Hope you feel better soon. That story is very powerful, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete