Sunday, March 18, 2012

A weekend of gladness!


First of all, I just want to express how much more joy comes in my life when I don't stress about things I can't change. I can't change when Phillip's aunts house will sell and when we will have to move, I can't control how other people are(even if they are wrong, not my worry), I can't control getting sick, I can't control the weather(trust me I have tried, lol) What I can do; I can prepare to move by saving some money and boxing up a few things to make moving easier, I can control what I eat, I can control me!!!!!!!!

I am so thankful for this:
The Serenity Prayer
Path

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
Taking, as He did, this sinful world
as it is, not as I would have it;
Trusting that He will make all things right
if I surrender to His Will;
That I may be reasonably happy in this life
and supremely happy with Him
Forever in the next.
Amen.

--Reinhold Niebuhr

Trust in the LORD with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways acknowledge him,
and he will direct your paths.

Proverbs 3, 5-6

So this weekend has been wonderful. I stepped on the scale and it said 334!!!!!!! Less than I weighed on my wedding 8 years ago. I was so happy. Next goal is to be below 300. Phillip and I celebrated our proposal anniversary(8 years). We went to Stone Mountain and played mini golf. It was a lot easier for me to walk around I noticed I was not as out of breath has I had been in the past. I also was not looking around for a place to sit and rest while waiting on others to have their turn. But I was tugging at my shorts to keep them from falling off(time to get a belt)! Here is a picture.

We then used our extra Weight Watchers points and treated ourselves to a Krispy Kreme doughnut trip. Then we had dinner at Woody's near Piedmont Park, Philly Cheese Steak!!! We met the Big Cheese(his words, not mine) and he was super nice. We will be going back there, when I have 14 points to spare. I wonder how many people celebrate the day the got engaged? We are "lucky" it was on St. Patty's Day that makes it easier to remember.

On another note, tomorrow is my ultrasound and I have my biopsy on April 10th. These tests are in preparation to see if I will be able to conceive a child. I also have heard from a state program that I might be able to qualify for that will help us, I am working on all that paper work. I know the Lord has a plan for us, it may not be this but He is preparing us. There is a child who will need a loving home in a few months and that might be what the plan is for us, we will just have to be patient, prepare, and pray.

And lastly, today I was asked to teach the Gospel Principals Sunday School class for at least the next few weeks. I am so excited!!!! Now, off to prepare my lesson for next week.


2 comments:

  1. Happy engagement anniversary and congrats on your weight loss! You will continue to make your goals, I just know it! You are an amazing teacher. Gospel Essentials is lucky to have you for the next few weeks :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I am excited to teach even if it is only for a few weeks:)

      Delete