Monday, January 30, 2012

So long Little Debbie! Hello flavor!

This past Saturday was my husband’s Birthday! So he got to choose where we would eat at. He really wanted Chinese food. We talked about where we should go. Hands down we decided buffets were definitely out of the question. So we picked a place that had great lunch prices and smaller portions. I was able to stay within my daily points. That was a great choice. Later in the day, a very bad choice was made. We were driving up to Buford about 45 minutes away to have dinner with my brother and his family. I knew we needed to run an errand for my mom, I just not realize how long it would be. I forgot to pack a snackL VERY BAD IDEA!!!! I was getting very moody and getting a headache. So to keep me from going MAD we spied a Sonic a wee ways away. We drove up and ordered two diet cokes and two bananas! They guy said that was the strangest order that he had ever heard. Then he proceeded to make sure we did not really want something else. HAHAHAHA Priceless moment! So the restaurant was busy and we could not get in till 8pm. I thought I was going to scream but I didn’t, and I was not a happy person. After what seemed like forever we got there and were seated. Out the window I see my arch nemesis, LITTLE CAESARS… oh how I was tempted(this crazy lady loves some crazy bread). Instead, for an appetizer I had an ear of corn with no butter, yummy! I was much happier after that. Lesson learned NEVER leave home without snacks and a bottle of water.

Sunday came and we had to make a trip to Thomaston, GA to visit Phillip’s dad. He always wants to go to this old nasty buffet place. I really tried to make healthy choices but everything was soaked in butter! Then his dad kept asking if that was all we were going to eat? And why were we not eating desert? UGH!

So on this trip Thomaston; I planned to have a Little Debbie snack cake. I planned my points and had been dreaming of this wonderful tasty treat for weeks. I remember when I could down (eat) an entire box and not think twice about it. I loved them and had to have them. I would pass a General Dollar store and always comment I know they have Little Debbie in there! Somehow my car would always drive there. And I swear those buggers would just jump in! So, I was in for a big NASTY surprise it tasted like wax!!! I was shocked, I was betrayed, and I had been dumped by Little Debbie herself! Never again, never again! It was truly a waste of my extra Weight Watchers points. They are cheap, easy and taste like wax. I deserve much tastier food. So here’s to flavor from now own!

4 comments:

  1. Amazing how our taste buds can be retrained, isn't it? Bye bye Lil' Debbie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes indeed! You are doing great by the way. So nice to have others who are going through the same stuff I am. Thank you for sharing your journey with me.

      Delete
  2. I feel the same way. I used to love Little Debbie's (I was raised on them.) But they do taste like wax and who knows what all that stuff is they use to make them. They have a shelf life of like ten years!!
    Now, I only go for the good stuff. If it's gonna be chocolate, I get good chocolate and it's worth every calorie. Keep up the good work. You're doing a great job on your journey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We looked up what some of things in them and I was very shocked!!! Thanks for your support.

      Delete