Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Christmas, Death, and an ER visit!!

Phillip and I took an Amtrak Train home to NC for Christmas weekend. Phillip loves trains and now so do I! There was so much room in our seats and they even have leg rests. I was so good on the train with my eating I had a sandwich and an apple. I was smart I planned what I wanted and sent Phillip so I would not be tempted by the cookies, cake, and chips. I have a great sister who waited for us at the train station till after midnight to give a ride to mom's house.

How did I do? I did it!!!!! I planned it out I knew what foods I wanted and how many Weight Watchers points it would cost me. I ate everything I wanted but just not as much as I would before. So instead of 6 deviled eggs I ate 2. I am learning I am only person who is going to stop me from my addiction with food. I have also learned that I must track all the food I eat, always. This is not an option for me. When I am not accountable I loose control BIG TIME. I am sorry if those people around do not understand. Being addicted to food has one thing different from smoking, drinking, and drugs. With those you can go without completely but with food I still have to eat! Everyday I have to decided not to give into my addiction yet still eat. I am sure I will fail some days but I will not give up. So if I offend you because I am tracking my points or I say no thank you to some yummy food I know you have fixed in love, I am truly sorry.

And with all major events happening on holidays in our life together Christmas Eve brought us some sad news. Phillip's aunt passed away. We were at a candlelight church service when he got the call. We are very sad and uncertain of our future. We have been so blessed for almost 2 years of having a home to live in. We had to do a lot of work to make it even livable but we labored in love. We are heartbroken we will have to leave this home we have fallen in love with. We do know if it is God's will he will provide for us.

Today I had to go to the ER. I was there all morning and afternoon. They gave me some medicine and I have to follow up with Gynecological doctor in about a month and then schedule a biopsy. Thinking about Dr.'s I am prayerful for my mother today as tomorrow she will find out the results of her last test we pray they negative for cancer.
***UPDATE*** Mom's test results turned out great. Negative for cancer!!!!!!!!!!!

Last week I gained 4 pounds, this week I will NOT gain. With all this going on it would be easier just to throw in the towel, quit, and eat everything. I am choosing to log my points and be in control of what I eat. I can not control the future but I can control my food. I know my strength comes from Jesus Christ and He knows my pain and He knows me.
***UPDATE***Weighed in and lost a total of 6 pounds this week!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Hey girl, if we threw in the towel every time we felt guilt or defeat then the world would be a giant clothes line.:) I feel your pain and when people say it does get easier it really does..... With your support system and friends and family who love you girl that is all the more reason to show yourself you can do this I stand behind you to help pick you up when you fall. Sincerly ! I mean that with everything i am . I love you more than you will ever know and I stand strong beside you . Dont ever let anyone tell you any different.....love you Aunt nana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeannie, you are such great writer. You are so strong, honest and brave. I'm behind you 1000% and more! ~ Margaret

    ReplyDelete